Monday, January 12, 2015

Stay away from supermarket fuel! (especially Sainsburys)

When I got my BMW 5 series diesel (3 years old), I started with Sainsbury's city diesel. After 2 weeks my car started show up error messages. Took it to a mechanic, he charged £70 to tell me that your EGR Solenoid is choking and it would take another £350 to replace that.

I came back to check out this issue online. Someone on pistonheads.com suggested to fill-up with Shell V Power and to go on a long drive. I did that and the error message disappeared. 1 year and 25,000 miles later I still use Shell V power. Never had any issue more issues, even through I mostly drive to work in London and very few long drives.

3 comments:

Sam Wonder said...

ezTalks is the world's leading online video conferencing provider that enables you to connect with people anywhere and anytime.
screen share software
voipmobile
join me vs gotomeeting

nina said...

I found this an informative and interesting article. I think it is very readable and knowledgeable, happy to see some people still have interest in this. I would like to thank you for the work you have made in writing this article. I am wish the same best work from you in the future as well kind regards
I'm having a small issue I cant seem to be able to subscribe your rss feed, I'm using google reader by the way.
Soft Trending

Hina said...

work hard and are consistent you can go places . Look at the author of this page , they are oviously a hard worker and have just been
Hey mate, thanks for sharing but this page doesnt format correctly in Chrome it is is overlapping.
softtrending