Saturday, June 16, 2007

Vitual PCs, Perfect for Testing different OS

VirtualPC

At my work I had to make a cluster of machines to setup Voip Solution. For that we needed at least two Linux machines to install Asterisk (http://www.trixbox.org/) on it and then play around with it.

One solution to do that is installing physical machines and then installing the VoIP servers on it, but there was a simpler way and maan! Its kool.

Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 (Free from Microsoft Waaaaow!)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc

&

Also free one - VMWARE - The future of Virtualization -www.vmware.com-

Thanks to VMware I have been able to set-up testing lab in on my 12’’ laptop! Awesome! Rite now I am running a Debian and a Fedora working perfectly with different IPs, No need to format to Linux file systems, No GRUB Boot loader or anything. Unbelievable!

At first I thought …. OK, maybe it can do this but with a substantial loss in performance and reliability. How wrong was I!

VMware have a lot of options but MS one is Simpler, both are free though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that you must write much more on this topic, it may well not be a taboo subject but typically folks are not sufficient to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers
one link solution
marketing services
brand development